Saturday, June 5, 2010

Daylesford

Had a wonderful day in Daylesford today, despite the dreadful weather. John and I decided to take the Saab for a drive as we really haven't been anywhere outside Ballarat since buying it....not that we needed a reason to go to Daylesford.
The Makers Market was on this weekend and I just couldn't resist. There wasn't as many people there, because of the weather I guess. Less people made it a lot easier to push the pram around and browse. I spent way too much money.....but I don't get to the markets that often, so "why not" I say.
The Cafe was a real hit with John and the kids (and me!). The hot chocolates from Grounded Pleasures were sooooo yummy.

Some of my favourite sellers weren't there this time (boo hoo) but there were some new ones I hadn't noticed before, like Vintage Chenille who sold beautiful handmade toys and quilts from vintage cottons and chenille. I just fell in love with the Scotty dog.

I also meet a lovely lady called Di (also from Ballarat) who sold hand knitted goodies. I ordered some mittens for Ronan...can't wait to get them. I just loved the cute toadstool and pumpkin beanies....a bit too girlie for Ronan.

Here is what I bought today -
Lion cushion from Twiglet.
Toadstool screen printed singlet from Villa Hunter.
Scotty Dog from Vintage Chenille.

Of course I couldn't go to Daylesford and not go to one of my favourite shops - Lark. I bought a cute key chain, a Rice Carousel pencil sharpener and a box of the yummiest chocolate fudge( a thankyou gift to John for waiting in the car, with kids, while I was shopping).

The Lark shop is now twice the size, which makes it even harder to leave without buying something :)

Love the pale blue walls.

Miranda enjoying herself in the toy corner.

Of course we had to stop at our favourite fish and chips shop on the way home. Nothing nicer than hot chips and sauce on a cold winters day. A perfect family outing.

Hope you all had lovely day too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment