Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sovereign Hill

I originally published this post on Sunday, but accidentally deleted it while editing it…silly me. Not quite sure how I managed to do that, but here I go again.
Anyway, I thought I would share some photos I took while at Sovereign Hill with family, during the school holidays. For those of you who don't already know, Sovereign Hill is an amazing outdoor museum right here in Ballarat, Victoria. It is a recreation of a Gold mining town during the 1850's.
This place has become a favourite with my youngest son Ronan. He loves to carry around his SH map, pointing out where all the attractions are…it's so cute.

Beautiful cottage gardens. If only my front yard looked this good.
I could take a nap in this cosy bedroom. That quilt! Such attention to detail. How sweet is that crib!




Miranda panning for gold. No luck this time :(
Vintage buttons and other crafting supplies for sale.
No trip to Sovereign Hill is complete without visit to the Lolly Factory.

2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful photos Elethea! The crib is adorable. Love the photos of the barn (with wood stacked out front) and the horses ~ Julia

    ReplyDelete