Friday, April 16, 2010

Meet my new best friend :-)

I can't believe it's been 11 days since I last posted on my blog...Shame on me! It's not that things have been quiet here...quite the opposite.

My old sewing machine finally died so I've been working on some non-sewing projects such as my new shop banner and clothing labels...can't wait to see how they turn out.

Speaking of sewing machines! Let me introduce you to my new friend 'Brother NS30'. We will be spending a lot of time together over the next few weeks/months. When the saleswoman told me that it did 'seven' 1 step button holes, I was sold. This may seem nothing to a lot of crafty ladies out there, but my old machine was a 4 step so I'm in heaven.

This is the very first dress made on my new sewing machine. I'm really pleased with how it turned it. I made the pattern myself and was not sure how it would turn out. I will definitely be using this pattern again.

My 8yr old daughter Miranda celebrated her birthday yesterday. We decided to do some shopping. She chose some fabric to make a dress and top for herself...pink of course. The pattern looks really easy so it should only take me one night to make both. Did I mention I love my new sewing machine.
Happy sewing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment