Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I read this

Finally finished reading this book!

Suite Francaise is a novel set in the year France fell to the Nazis. It follows the day to day lives and trials of people living in France during the Nazi occupation. Sadly Suite Francaise was never completed as the writer died in Auschwitz in 1942. Irene Nemirovsky paints a beautiful picture in your mind of every day domestic life during a time of war. Its so sad the book was not completed as some of the characters were so interesting and I would have loved to have known what happened to them. A lovely read.

I must admit I had alot of trouble following parts of this book as it constantly jumps from different places and characters which was at times confusing. I will probably read this book again.

Read any good books lately?

Happy reading everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment