Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shop love

Another glorious day here in Ballarat, so I thought I would do a bit of shopping...why not :) 
There are some great shops in Ballarat. Over the next few weeks I'm going to show you a few of my favourites (in no particular order).
The first shop I'm gonna show you is Big House Collective on Sturt Street.
I haven't been in here for some time so there were lots of new surprises.
Kelly, the shop owner, has a great eye for all things vintage so the store was packed with loads of retro kitschy loveliness. See pics below.



After 3-4 'laps' of the store I finally decided on a few items.
Here is what I bought -

A kitschy 'cuddling puppies' ceramic figurine in a lovely olive green colour......

and three vintage Pyrex mixing bowls (at bargain prices!) Gotta love that.
Love the different red designs. You can never have too many Pyrex mixing bowls.
 PS - What do you thick of the new spotty background?
I've also worked out how make the blog wider and the photo's bigger ...yay! It was so easy. I don't know why it's taken me so long to work it out. Oh yeah! that's right, it's because I'm a silly head. Now I just have to work out how to change my blog header ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous shop. Love, love,love all the orange kitchenwares.I still haven't found any Pyrex whilst thrifting. Like your spotty background too!I'm also still trying to figure out how to make changes to the look of my blog - so you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my eyes just popped right out! how delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just so glad you came in, the pictures are beautiful!
    as for the spots-they're awesome, love them!(yes I have a thing for polkadots) want to tweek mine a bit too, I always manage to make it worse, or, can't decide on the colour/design-groan!
    lol my word varification is 'grone'

    ReplyDelete