Thursday, April 4, 2013

USA holiday snaps


 I've been meaning to do a post about my trip to the USA for some time, but alas I haven't got around to it till now. As you've probably already guessed, I'm not the greatest photographer or tourist (or blogger for that matter). Better late than never :)

 I had a lovely time catching up with my sister, who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah. I hadn't seen Tracy in over 12 months so it was really nice spending time with her, plus at the same time having a well earned break from crazy family life back at home.(i did miss them) Miranda, my youngest daughter, came along with me . It was also my first time traveling overseas by myself (or anywhere for that matter) Holy crap! LA airport is scary place if you've never traveled anywhere by yourself before. I know what to expect now, so next time should be a breeze.


SNOW! It was a winter wonderland in Yellowstone National Park, Montana. the most beautiful place I've ever been by far...no kidding. Around every bend of the road there was magnificent scenery. The girls (Miranda and her cousin Hannah) had heaps of fun playing in the snow, every time we stopped to take pictures.
We got to see the Old Faithful Geyser. Not sure if it was worth freezing my butt off for :-) Miranda and Hannah had a ball. We also got to see loads of wildlife. bears, wolves, buffalo... Wow!




One of the main reasons we decided to go in October was that Miranda could experience her first 'real' Halloween. It was decided the girls would dress in identical costumes (good move mum) there was no complaints from either. How cute are they?!
We visited the Cornbelly Corn Maze, a popular Halloween activity for families, and got very lost in the maze. Ate loads of Cotton Candy (Fairy Floss) and even road a mechanical bull (Miranda did).
I carved my very first pumpkin :) Lots of work (and mess), but well worth the effort. They looked so pretty all lit up.
Halloween is certainly more fun in America. Nearly every house in my sisters neighborhood was decorated and the streets were littered with kids trick or treating. Lets not forget the candy!! The girls came home with a huge bag full.  I so wish we had a holiday like that in Australia. 



Carving my first Halloween pumpkins.Very serious business :-)





Of course I had to do some vintage shopping in Sugar House, Salt Lake City. I will do another post on my finds :-) All I can say is that I went home with a lot more luggage than I arrived with. OMG I could have done some crazy shopping, if only i had more time/money and I didn't have to pack it into a suitcase (postage to Australia is insanely expensive). Vintage is heaps cheaper there!! I bought an awesome 1950's Star burst Clock and loads of other great stuff, for a fraction of what I would pay for it here in Australia. Sugar House is also famous for it's vintage signs. Unfortunately I was on foot and was scrapped for time, so I didn't get to see as much as i would have liked. I will definitely be going back there on my return visit.
Well there's a little taste of what i got up to on my holiday. Not very exciting, but the whole point of the trip was to relax, and relax i did.



No comments:

Post a Comment