Sunday, June 22, 2014

Shimokitazawa

I thought it was about time I shared some more photo's of my recent trip to Tokyo. We (John, Ronan & I) had such a great time, we are already planning our next visit.

My favourite place to visit when in Tokyo is would definitely be Shimokitazawa. Street after street of vintage and secondhand stores. I love the relaxed atmosphere of this place. Such a pleasant change from the craziness of Shibya and Harajuka. I could easily have spent my entire holiday exploring this place.

Bikes and scooters everywhere!


We stumbled upon this sweet little Saturday craft market on one of our visits. I bought floral fabric collars for my cats. I just loved how simple and unpretentious each table was. No fancy banners or tables overloaded with products, just small picnic tables covered with paper, with simply displayed handmade craft. So different from craft markets in Australia.

Green bubble tea!

       I bought my lovely Enid Collins bag from this store called Lotty.

Pretty potted colour! I'm a sucker for a garden shop.



I just loved this store. It had a wonderful selection of vintage kitchenware. Unfortunately we found this store at the end of our trip , so my suitcase wouldn't hold anymore 'souvenirs'. I just admired all the groovy glassware, retro toasters and enamelware instead..sigh. Next time maybe?


    I love how every bit of space is filled with pot plants, no matter how small an area it is. There is 'pretty' everywhere.


Old homes with overgrown gardens amongst modern buildings.



Thanks for taking the time to look at this post. I hope to share some more photos of Tokyo soon. Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment