Friday, November 6, 2015

:: New York ::


I thought it about time i did a post about of our 'recent' trip to NYC. By recent I mean April this year. Better late than never i guess. This was our first (maybe last) holiday without kids.
Admittedly my husband took most of the photos on this trip. While on holiday, i tend to be 'in the moment' and forget to take pictures - a decision I always regret later.
One of the first things on my list was a trip to Bloomingdales to buy a handbag. ('what's in my bag' post coming soon) Shopping in New York is amazing.
Other highlights for me were strolling around Central Park, visiting the World Trade Centre site, and an Hudson River boat tour.


 



We enjoyed the city views while walking along the High Line, an elevated walkway/park build on an disused railway line, that runs above the streets of Manhattans west side. Along the way we stopped for lunch at the Empire Diner in Chelsea. I feel in love with the terrace homes in neighbourhoods such as Greenwich Village.













The view of Times Square from our motel room was amazing. It took me a few days to get used to the constant sound of police sirens and car horns.
Of course we did all of the touristy things such as take in the view from the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Observation deck -Wow!






No comments:

Post a Comment